Training Course Outline
Isla Grande Flying School and Service Corp. is located on the
North ramp of Isla Grande Airport in San Juan, PR and holds
Air Agency Certificate Number FHSS893D
1. Course Title: Private Pilot Certificate Course – Airplane Single Engine Land
2. Prerequisites: Applicants must have at least a current FAA Student Pilot
Certificate and current Third Class Medical Certificate.
3. Program Curriculum: This Training Course Outline (TCO) meets the curriculum
requirements for the Private Pilot Certification Course (Airplane) contained in Appendix B
of FAR Part 141. The detailed Private Pilot Certification Course Training Syllabus is
included in the attached Cessna “Cleared for Takeoff syllabus.
4. Flight Training: This course consists of a minimum of 35 hours of flight training.
Twenty hours minimum of the total flight time will be dual flight instruction.
Minimum solo flight training will be 7 hours for the Cessna “Cleared for Takeoff” syllabus.
5. Ground Training: This course consists of a minimum of 35 hours of ground instruction
in addition to the Pre and Post flight instruction provided in the Cessna “Cleared for Takeoff”
syllabus. Ground training will be complete when the student has successfully completed all Lab
Lessons and has successfully passed the FAA Knowledge Test for this rating.
6. Course Objective: The course is designed to provide the student with the knowledge,
skill, and aeronautical experience necessary to meet the requirements for a Private Pilot
Certificate, Airplane Single Engine Land.
7. Course Completion Standards: To meet the completion standards, the student must
demonstrate through knowledge tests, flight tests, and show through appropriate records that
he/she meets the knowledge, skill, and experience requirements necessary for the Private Pilot
certificate in accordance with the current FAA Private Pilot Practical Test Standards.